Monday, November 22, 2010

How does CED 510, and its content, connect to me?

This course has given me the chance to reevaluate my own personal computer knowledge and use. The most valuable things this course has taught me are: Live cds, pen drive applications, computer back up plans, and knowledge about computer components. I now know more about computer applications and its hardware.

What if complete computer failure occurred? While complete computer failure seems unlikely, I could not imagine the devastation that such an event would create. The biggest scare to me deals with money. I rarely use cash. If a computer virus wiped out all bank records I would loose all of my money. I put a lot of trust into banks and computer security and I would like to believe that this is virtually impossible, but the truth is that I have no idea what companies are doing to protect my information. It is pretty scary to think about.

1 comment:

  1. That is a scary thought but, I suppose, not beyond the realm of possibility. And it's not just banking; what about healthcare, national defense, communications, power grids?
    I used to disregard ads for emergency food stockpiles and so forth. I may need to rethink that.

    ReplyDelete