Sunday, May 22, 2011

CED 530 - Week 3

This week we looked at more digital stories and continued to examine what makes an effective presentation. One of our assignments was to revise an old presentation that we had created using some of the concepts that we have read about. I enjoyed this assignment because I strive to have effective presentations that keep my students engaged. Some of the modifications that I made include: less text on each slide and videos that correspond to the concepts.



We also examined Animoto. This is a great presentation tool that allows you to upload text, images, videos, and audio. After you arrange your media into the order that you want, it takes it and creates a video presentation that includes transitions. It is a really easy and quick way to make video presentations. I created one that utilized pictures of my students labeling the parts of a transverse wave.



The last topic that we explored this week was Pecha Kuchas. These are presentations that allow you to use 20 seconds for a 20 slide presentation. I watched an example of this and I was surprised with how much you can actually accomplish within these time and slide restraints. We will be creating our own Pecha Kuchas later.

So far I have been really impressed with the content that we have learned in this course. I believe that this course will help me become a better presenter and therefore a better teacher.

No comments:

Post a Comment